At Hemsby Primary School, we expect children to attend every day. Research shows that regular attendance is directly linked to raising achievement and helps build skills for life, developing children’s confidence and helping them to make and keep lasting friendships.
What sort of start is your child getting?
Your child’s best learning time is the start of the day. That’s when every minute counts the most! Just a little bit late doesn’t seem much but…
What should I do if my child is absent from school?
• Contact the School Office to leave a message giving the reason for absence.
• If your child has sickness or diarrhoea, please keep them off school for 48 hours to reduce the spread of infection.
Absence and the Law
It is an offence if your child fails to attend school regularly and the absences are classed as unauthorised. Unauthorised absence includes:
• Arriving after the register has closed
• All day dental/medical appointments
• Parental illness
• Looking after sick relatives or younger children
A whole year has 365 days. A school year has only 190 days.
This leaves 175 days to spend on family time, visits, holidays, shopping, and appointments.